[esb-dev] build error

Kevin Conner kconner at redhat.com
Thu Jun 28 06:55:40 EDT 2007

Kevin Conner wrote:
> As I said, I will go through it tonight and make sure it is correct :)

I went through the build files and tidied them up but this is not the
reason for the long build time.  It appears that a number of targets are
being called more than once, caused by the build files traversing their
targets horizontally and vertically.

There are a number of tasks which can handle this, javac springs to
mind, but the majority of them do not.  The normal way of handling these
types of issue is to create a timestamp file when the particular target
executes.  This timestamp file can then be used, in conjunction with the
target requirements, to determine whether the target needs to be executed.

This could be used to shorten the build cycle, especially for repeat
invocations (i.e. rerunning tests).

Does anyone feel that this is something worth implementing at this stage?

	Kev

P.S. I am sharing wireless atm so may not get any replies until tomorrow :)

--
JBoss, a Division of Red Hat
Street, Windsor, Berkshire,