[esb-dev] build error

Tom Fennelly tom.fennelly at jboss.com
Thu Jun 28 07:35:08 EDT 2007

Mark Little wrote:
> The problem with revamping is that you never know where to stop or you
> could be opening up a can of worms. I think Kev hinted at this yesterday.
Shotgun Surgery - that was moi
> So although I'd be +1 to fixing these if it makes an appreciable
> difference to build time, I'd -1 if that means spending the next week
> or so working on build scripts and the knock-on effect that has on
> everyone else while it's going on and after it's "complete".
Know what you mean... I'd leave it altogether until after the 4.2
release, at which point you'll probably want to leave it forever ;-)
Personally I feel there's only one real solution to this and that's a
rework, but I'm sure others will disagree and push for more patching :-)

> I can put up with a 21 minute build. If you guys are at the 7 minute
> level (new machines ;-) then I'm not sure it's a big impact on what
> you're doing in terms of build time.
It's a pain in the ass, but ... role on 5.0 and maven2 :-)