[esb-dev] jca integration

Kevin Conner kconner at redhat.com
Wed May 16 04:29:06 EDT 2007

Bill Burke wrote:
> Ok, did 1st stage of JCA Gateway.  I'll commit that tomorrow morning.
> Still need to do schema change to add jca elements.
>
> Here's what a JCA endpoint looks like:

This looks good.

> The <activation-config> syntax was stolen from EJB.  Should we simplify
> it?  Or leave it consistent with EJB?

How much simpler would it be?  Is it worth throwing away the consistency?

My gut feeling would be to leave it consistent unless there is a lot to
be gained.

> Since raw JCA would be inbound only, again, I don't think it makes sense
> to require a bus definition in the schema.  There really isn't much
> re-use to gain.

Well, if the gateways have the option of augmenting the bus definition
then they have the choice of using it as a base.  I still believe it is
better to be consistent with the other uses at this point.

	Kev

--
JBoss, a Division of Red Hat
Street, Windsor, Berkshire,