[esb-users] Release of ESB 4.8

Kevin Conner kconner at redhat.com
Sat Apr 10 16:09:54 EDT 2010

We are rounding off the week on a high note, with the next release of
the ESB project, 4.8.  This is now available for download from our
project site.

The primary purpose of this release is to incorporate the many
improvements made as part of the productisation process for the SOA
platform, feeding these back through the community.

Our main focus during the productisation process concerned the
performance of the ESB, resulting in numerous improvements in this area.

The other notable improvements during this process were

- updating to the jUDDI v3.0.1 codebase
- better jUDDI integration through our InVM and RMI transports
- addition of webservice endpoints for jUDDI
- Updating to picketlink 1.0.1
- improved job scheduling through our jBPM scheduler
- Many SOAP proxy improvements
- Many JON management improvements

and not to mention numerous bug fixes.

Thanks go to everyone for the tremendous effort during these releases.

	Kev

--
JBoss by Red Hat
Street, Windsor, Berkshire,