[forge-dev] shading!?

Paul Bakker paul.bakker.nl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:32:19 EDT 2011

The ultimate solution would be to use a completely isolated classloader for
plugins and plugin dependencies so that plugins would even be able to
package different versions of libraries that are also used by Forge. Running
Forge in an OSGi container seems to be the obvious solution. I'm no OSGi
expert though, so I can't really see the consequences. No idea if Weld still
works within OSGi bundles for example, but it's something to consider.
Besides OSGi there's the module system that's part of AS7, maybe that's
another option.

Paul