[forge-dev] Seam 2 -> Seam 3 Migration Strategy

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:26:51 EDT 2011

Hi Guys,

I'd like to start implementing a Seam 2 -> Seam 3 plugin for Forge, so that
we can give people *Something* to get started with this process. My vision
at this point is to specify a list of tasks for the plugin to perform, E.g.

   - Updating the POM to include new dependencies
   - Replacing Seam 2 annotations with Seam 3 annotations
   - Getting basic configuration files set up
   - Doing some static code analysis in order to print a list of tasks that
   need to be done by hand (sort of a "what do I have left?")

In order to accomplish this, having *never* used Seam 2, I need a few
things:

   1. A list of APIs and which Seam 3 feature replaces it - this includes
   annotations, static classes, and injected interfaces/classes.
   2. A test project with all of these features (or at least a lot of them.)

As soon as I have these things, I will get started, and anyone who wants to
help out and work on this as well is more than welcome to join me!

http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com
"Keep it Simple"