[forge-dev] [seam-dev] Seam 2 -> Seam 3 Migration Strategy

Marek Novotny mnovotny at redhat.com
Mon Aug 15 06:05:40 EDT 2011

All Seam2 examples (except Wiki) are migrated to Maven projects at Seam
2.3 branch
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/seam/branches/community/Seam_2_3/examples/

The complex examples are DVD and Booking.

It has got very similar project structures as generated output from
http://code.google.com/p/open-archetypes/

Seam 2 API incl. Annotation javadoc are at
http://docs.jboss.org/seam/latest/api/ , but I am not the right person
to create a bridge or ask for details about Seam2->Seam3 annotation at
this moment, because I am a Seam3 newbie ;-).

Anyway I am offering help if I can and have time.

On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 18:14 -0400, Dan Allen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 18:08, Jason Porter <lightguard.jp at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>         By and large you'll have to *create* a pom, and the layout of
>         seam-gen is not that of a typical maven project, not sure if
>         that presents a unique challenge or not.
>

> There is already a lot of work that's been done to create a POM for a
> Seam 2 project (that you can then migrate into a Seam 3 project).
> Marek is the right person to talk to for references (links, examples,
> etc).
>

> -Dan
>

> --
> Dan Allen
> Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat | Author of Seam in Action
> Registered Linux User #231597
>
> http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about
> http://mojavelinux.com
> http://mojavelinux.com/seaminaction

Marek Novotny
--
Seam and WFK Product Lead

Red Hat Czech s.r.o.
Purkynova 99
612 45 Brno

Email: mnovotny at redhat.com
Office phone: +420 532 294 287, ext. 82-62 087
mobile: +420 608 509 230