[forge-dev] Generating packages in new Java projects

Paul Bakker paul.bakker.nl at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 18:22:15 EST 2011

I agree that it's not necessarily bad to create empty directories in this case, because than it's also available in the IDE. And because it's the base package it makes sense to put code there too, I don't think it is a broken window in this specific case.

I don't think it's necessary to add a new method to the JavaSourceFacet. It's something that only the NewProjectPlugin will use, while the JavaSourceFacet is very general (many plugins use this facet). Just create the directory in the NewProjectPlugin itself. Prompting the user for this first would be a good idea too :-)

Paul