[forge-dev] Metawidget and JSP

Ryan Bradley rbradley at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 16:07:16 EST 2011

Hey all,

I'm developing a Spring MVC plugin for Forge that will generate a basic
web application from an entity, much like the current Scaffold plugin
(except using Spring MVC).  Currently, I am working on creating JSP
views for listing all entities in the database, viewing a single entity,
as well as a create view.  I see that ScaffoldPlugin uses a
StaticHtmlMetawidget (as well as MVEL, I believe, in the .xhtml files)
to configure and generate displays.

I am wondering if this class can be used for JSP as well, or if its
implementation is specific to JSF.  If it cannot be used, is there
another, similar Metawidget class that can be used?

Thanks,
Ryan