[forge-dev] Metawidget and JSP

Richard Kennard richard at kennardconsulting.com
Wed Dec 7 17:00:59 EST 2011

Ryan,

Great to hear from you.

The bad news is that org.metawidget.statically.faces.component.html.StaticHtmlMetawidget is a little bit Faces specific (adds Faces value expressions and
so forth).

However the good news is you can drop down an inheritance level and extend StaticXmlMetawidget. This is not Faces specific, and was designed to be used for
such things as Spring. In addition, you'll need to write your own WidgetBuilder (to return Spring components) and Layout (to arrange them). Maybe some
little WidgetProcessors too.

I would encourage you to look at the existing static JSF implementation, as well as the existing runtime Spring implementation
(org.metawidget.jsp.tagext.html.spring.SpringTag). And I am very willing to help with any questions you may have.

Regards,

Richard.