[forge-dev] Misc quesstions

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Dec 8 03:37:39 EST 2011

> 1. The Forge formatter is not integrated with the eclipse workspace settings yet, but it should be. Take a look at Formatter.java to see where this happens. Are you interested in making this work with eclipse workspace? I think that would be really useful.

On this subject (is there a jira btw?), an "easy" start should be to make the formatting simply look for the "nearest" JDT settings file in .settings, i.e. a simple approach would to look in <projectroot>/.settings, a better one (to handle multi module scenarios) would be to look from the resource root and recursively upwards to the project root.

This should be super easy to do and you could have a system property to set the 'global' JDT settings that users or the eclipse plugin could pass in.

/max