[forge-dev] Class Loading Error: ResourceLoadingException

Marius Bogoevici mariusb at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 19:24:35 EST 2011

On 11-12-12 5:34 PM, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
> Darn, for some reason this got saved as a draft and never sent... sorry.

NP, you just saved me a ping :)
> There is already a seam-render module in Forge, and the duplicated
> classloader resources is something that Weld should be able to
> understand because classes from different classloaders are different
> classes.
Ok, thanks for the update. I can see it in the snapshot build. I or Ryan
will try this tomorrow.
> This appears to be a bug in weld.
> What happens when you add a module dependency on:
> "org.jboss.seam.render" ? If it works, I can fix this as a workaround
> in forge for now, but it's not the right solution in the long run, and
> we'll have to get weld fixed up. I'm working on creating a custom
> WeldBootstrap application that adds each plugin as a
> deployablearchive, but that's going to take some time unless I can get
> help from the weld guys.
In what sense is this not the right solution? As a standalone plugin
developer, I don't think that I should be *expected* to package a
version of seam-render inside my plugin. It would be much easier for
plugin writers if they could rely on accessing certain modules (in the
same sense as plugins which are packaged with forge can use them).

Of course, I should be *allowed* to use my own version of seam-render,
which is a different thing, but one particular problem right now is that
seam-render itself depends on Solder and other libraries. That wouldn't
be a problem in itself, but IIRC one of the issues of packaging Solder
was that extension loading became completely messed up - I would need to
try that again to remember what exactly was the cause, but classloader
issues were definitely involved. In the long run, this needs to be be
solved as well, I agree.