[forge-dev] How to customize generation?

Richard Kennard richard at kennardconsulting.com
Fri Dec 23 00:20:21 EST 2011

Hi guys,

I've written up a bit of documentation for the scaffolding here: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/FORGE/UI+Scaffolding

But I have a question around the customization. Clearly, we have some nice template files like 'create.xhtml' and 'BackingBean.jv' which can be edited in
any text editor. And we have a nice separation of the CSS/image files that can be replaced to change the look and feel.

But how are we expecting people to 'get at' these files? Are they supposed to extend the existing scaffold plugin? Or open up the JAR and edit these files?
Or can they be placed 'on the classpath' somehow such that they will be found before the ones in the scaffolding JAR? Or some other way?

Regards,

Richard.