[forge-dev] Fwd: Seam Forge logos round 1

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 18:11:36 EDT 2011

Anvils are lightweight.

--
Lincoln Baxter's Droid
http://ocpsoft.com
"Keep it Simple"
On Jul 11, 2011 5:37 PM, "Paul Bakker" <paul.bakker.nl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I like the sword analogy, makes sense being a "craftsman" developer. Not
sure if a sword would fit well in the logo (might get too complicated), but
the idea behind it is perfect :-)

> I agree on the lightweight part too. The only thing that should be clear
is that you won't get any lock-in with Forge, but to my opinion a anvil
doesn't say you do have a lock-in. It also implies Forge is a tool that
supports your crafsman work.

> Paul
>

> On Jul 11, 2011, at 11:18 PM, Dan Allen wrote:
>
>> I like the anvil because I often use the phrase "banging out code." In
fact, creating software is a lot like creating a sword. You get a rough
shape, then you refine it until you have a really sharp edge. Forge itself
means to "Move forward gradually or steadily", exactly how swords and
software are made (good ones).

>> I don't think "lightweight" really has to be the focus. Naturally, we do
want to imply speed, but I think each strike is an efficient one, like a
master blacksmith. And there are different hammers for each part of the
process (the right tool for the job).

gunnar.morling at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I can't
>> really draw, so I tried to google for this and found
>> http://www.fotosearch.com/CSP203/k2035148/ which goes into the
>> direction I had in mind. A character would also give a nice mascot.
>>
>> This is a great way to communicate what you would like to see, without
having to be an artist. We did this a lot during the Arquillian logo
drafting process.