[forge-dev] This is VERY nicely done! I like it :)

Paul Bakker paul.bakker.nl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 06:21:23 EDT 2011

In the Arquillian plugin I just read the environment property and use that as the default for the prompt. Because I just need the property only once to write it to a config file it's not stored anywhere in Forge. Now that I'm thinking about it, we should probably do the same in the as7 plugin; if the JBOSS_HOME env. property is empty we could let the user enter a location and that should be stored somewhere.
I see two options here:
1) save all properties in the .forge directory, they should overwrite normal environment properties
2) save this kind of properties at the project level (either in the forge.xml file, or we can introduce a properties file) so you can, for example, use different server installations in different projects.
Letting the user choose if it's a system level, or project levelsetting this would be even better.

I have absolutely no idea how to check in Eclipse which servers are installed, so I also can't really imagine how to read that from Forge. Maybe scan configuration files in the "servers" project?

Paul