[forge-dev] invoking project classes

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:52:02 EDT 2011

We can work on prototyping this feature in Forge. This is within the forge
Vision, but needs to be done carefully. Maven has some tools for getting
information about a project's dependencies and deliverables. See the
MavenDependencyFacet and RepositoryLookup classes. The MavenSystemSession
class in RepositoryLookup has methods for reading a project POM. Perhaps we
could leverage those. Although, wouldn't this kind of Export better be
handled by the test framework itself, since it is already classloading
everything?

~Lincoln

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen <
max.andersen at redhat.com> wrote:

> > I'm working on a feature in the Arquillian plugin that Dan asked about,
> which is to be able to export @Deployments that are part of the project's
> tests. To do this I need to invoke the static method on a test class to
> create the Archive that has to be exported.
>
> Not only do you need access to the method you need the full classpath
> initialized for the project for it work.
>
> > The problem is that is seems to be impossible to load a class that is in
> the user's project, although I already have an instance of the JavaSource
> object that describes the class. I believe it would be best to not rely on
> the question if the user's project has been compiled or not. So what should
> happen is the following:
>
> > -Compile the class based on the JavaSource object
> > -(optionally) Create a temporarily .class object
> > -Load the class
> > -(optionally) instantiate it
> >
> > I guess this is something that other plugins might need too in the
> future, so it would be better to find a reusable solution instead of hacking
> my way around it.
>

> yeah, Dan asked the same for eclipse tooling and I don't really have a good
> answer beyond creating an isolated classloader
> that loads the users full classpath and execute (optimally under a security
> manager to avoid too many accidents).
>
> /max
> http://about.me/maxandersen

http://ocpsoft.com