[forge-dev] invoking project classes

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 22:38:01 EDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 05:49, Paul Bakker <paul.bakker.nl at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the plugin I now just generate a new class with a main method to the
> project's test-source folder. After that I use an mvn exec:java to run the
> class. It's less ideal because the plugin now adds a user visible utility
> class to the project, but it's not really a problem I believe. The exporter
> class is also runnable outside of Forge, so that's good too.

You read my mind (or perhaps I read yours) :) That's precisely what I was
going to suggest. After all, the @Deployment method is a public static
method. Since forge makes it easy to generate code, even temporary code, you
can just lay down some tracks, execute it and clean up.

Great thinking!

-Dan

--
Dan Allen