[forge-dev] put git repository in hackable location

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed May 11 04:27:51 EDT 2011

As I've been demoing forge, I've been pitching that one of the most elegant
aspects of the git-plugin command is that it automatically sets you up with
source code to hack on. After experimenting with a plugin tonight, I
realized that while the final artifact gets put in ~/.forge/plugins, the
repository is hidden away in a cryptic directory in my temporary folder. I
think behavior should be changed to make it more welcoming for developers to
contribute back.

I propose one of the following two locations, though feel free to choose a
more flexible option:

~/.forge/plugin-repos
~/forge/plugins

...or read an option from .forge/config. Perhaps prompt the user where to
stick the source even.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen