[forge-dev] Unit Test failures

Tim Pedone macdude357 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 00:43:36 EDT 2011

I did a bit more digging around this and found out a couple of things.
 It seems that the tests are run in offline mode so the maven runtime
in the shell won't fetch any remote dependencies.  Another thing I
found out was that if the maven code cannot load the
maven-metadata.xml file, then the dependency resolution fails.  This
explains why the tests failed even when I had the prettyfaces-jsf2
jars in my local repo; I didn't have a maven-metadata.xml file.  And
since the tests are running in offline mode, it wouldn't fetch the
metadata from the remote repo so it failed.