[forge-dev] creating "pom" projects

Tim Pedone macdude357 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 11:22:58 EDT 2011

Sorry, I must have miscommunicated what was going on.  I don't want to
use the CDIFacet, it's getting added automatically.  If you take a
look at the NewProjectPlugin code, it adds some facets to the project:

      Project project = projectFactory.createProject(dir, DependencyFacet.class,
               MetadataFacet.class,
               JavaSourceFacet.class, ResourceFacet.class);

ProjectFactory adds the given facets to the project but then calls
registerFacets() which iterates *all* facets and adds them to the
project resulting in the CDIFacet (and others) getting added.