[forge-dev] Forge Plugin/Addon/Extension naming

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:38:19 EDT 2011

+1 to plugin pack. (or plugin group) I have never liked feature (sounds like
a single operation). We don't want fragment, because that sounds like
something that is partial or something that is broken.

Plus, the use of the work pack plays off of the pak tool that packages up a
project archetype or overlay.

-Dan

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 03:05, Paul Bakker <paul.bakker.nl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Plugin is only a problem because we're now talking about normal plugins and
> "uber" / ageration plugins. So what about calling plugins that aggregate
> other plugins (such as the proposed Seam3 plugin) PluginPack?
>
> Paul
>

> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 8:31 AM, Koen Aers <koen.aers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In the Eclipse ecosystem such addons are called fragments.
>>
>> But then I don't know if we want to add to the overload of Eclipse
>> nomenclature... ;-)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Koen
>>

>> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Jason Porter <lightguard.jp at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I like extension, because it's extending what's there, but naming
>>> conflicts arise with both Addon and Extension :( ExtensionPack maybe
>>> or similar?

>>> --
>>> Jason Porter
>>> http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com
>>> http://twitter.com/lightguardjp
>>>
>>> Software Engineer
>>> Open Source Advocate
>>> Author of Seam Catch - Next Generation Java Exception Handling
>>>
>>> PGP key id: 926CCFF5
>>> PGP key available at: keyserver.net, pgp.mit.edu

Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597

http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about
http://mojavelinux.com