[forge-dev] mvn-plugin Forge command

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 15:35:34 EDT 2011

Hi Tom,

This was commented out due to the new modules packaging required by plugins
when they are installed. In order to support this new packaging, we will
need to do something similar to that which is done when building a plugin
from sources and installing it. e.g:

   1. resolving all dependencies
   2. building a module and dependencies module
   3. copying that module and dependencies module to the proper directory in
   ~/.forge/plugins
   4. registering the plugin in ~/.forge/plugins/installed.xml

It *should be* fairly straight forward, but maven never makes things easy. I
need to figure out how best to handle building a zip of the plugin itself
(for distributions). I think that would be easy to do via forge, but
difficult to accomplish via maven. This definitely needs some thought.

~Lincoln

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:58 PM, Tom Cunningham <tcunning at redhat.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to take a look at getting mvn-plugin to work for SwitchYard - I
> started taking a look at ForgePlugin.java and noticed that it was
> commented out.     Is there any project history with regards to
> mvn-plugin that would be useful to know?     Was it working at some
> point and then regressed and then subsequently commented out?     Or is
> it just in mid-implementation?
>
> It looks like it has arguments spec'ed out - are these the command line
> arguments desired?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

http://ocpsoft.com