[forge-dev] Changes to Forge Modules structure

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:06:40 EDT 2011

The only reason I can see this affecting Koen is if he (in his tools module)
referenced the "org.jboss.forge.shell-api" module directly, which has been
moved to "org.jboss.forge.shell.api" Or if there are classes that he
referenced that were available because of modularity errors, but now are
not. What I would do in this case, however, is simply make both modules
optional="true", which should prevent any breakage, then whichever is
available will be used. If neither are available, it wasn't going to work
anyway ;)

I would try to make these changes for M4 even if you don't use the new
SNAPSHOT version of Forge - sorry guys. I did not know :( Mailing list I
should join?

Nothing has changed with regard to how plugins are installed, but what *has*
changed is what happens to plugins *when* they are installed - again, just
to enable the proper modularity. But this should not be visible to the end
user (or Tools.)

~Lincoln

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Max Rydahl Andersen <
max.andersen at redhat.com> wrote:

> just on the day of jboss tools M4 code freeze…..doh ;)
>
> will this affect us Koen or are we for M4 "saved" by us bundling Forge ?
>
> …and will this affect plugin installation ?
>
> /max
>
> On Oct 20, 2011, at 09:13, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
>
> > I've had to make some changes to the Forge modules structure. I'm not
> sure how this will affect what's been done in Tools so far, but... this
> structure will help us keep modularity in the future. The previous module
> structure was not scalable and was causing plugin classloader leaks.
> >
> > We can work out any issues, but hopefully there shouldn't be any :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Lincoln Baxter, III
> > http://ocpsoft.com