[forge-dev] Changes to Forge Modules structure

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 06:40:36 EDT 2011

On Oct 20, 2011, at 17:06, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:

> The only reason I can see this affecting Koen is if he (in his tools module) referenced the "org.jboss.forge.shell-api" module directly, which has been moved to "org.jboss.forge.shell.api" Or if there are classes that he referenced that were available because of modularity errors, but now are not. What I would do in this case, however, is simply make both modules optional="true", which should prevent any breakage, then whichever is available will be used. If neither are available, it wasn't going to work anyway ;)
>
> I would try to make these changes for M4 even if you don't use the new SNAPSHOT version of Forge - sorry guys. I did not know :( Mailing list I should join?

jbosstools-dev

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aversions-panel

> Nothing has changed with regard to how plugins are installed, but what *has* changed is what happens to plugins *when* they are installed - again, just to enable the proper modularity. But this should not be visible to the end user (or Tools.)

so if Koen bundles the previous setup then the modules users install to run scaffolding etc would still work ?

We got Beta1 code freeze in december (where most of the forge integration plus scaffolding wizard invocation should be in place or at least "outlined")
maybe thats a better time/place to do this too or ?

/max