[forge-dev] Questions about a new javaee portlet plugin

Jérémie jer at printstacktrace.org
Sun Apr 1 15:00:52 EDT 2012

Hi Forge Team!

I would like to create a plugin to manage javaee portlets.
A first commit is available here http://goo.gl/OKgsG .

Before going further and create a Forge Jira ticket  I would appreciate
your opinion.
 - Do you think core/javaee-api and core /javaee-impl  is a right place or
I need to create an other project?
 - The JBoss Shrinkwrap project doesn't currently include the portlet.xml
description. I think it's interesting to do that. (I can create an other
Jira ticket)
 - The quickstart option  would be interesting to push the generated code
in a GateIn instance (not implemented yet).
 - Command names and options are correct?
Thanks for your comments.

For now here's what you can do:
 $ portlet setup
 $ portlet add --named helloportlet --title "My forge portlet"
--short-title ForgePortlet --keywords "demo,forge,portlet"
 $ portlet add-param --portlet helloportlet --name
javax.portlet.faces.defaultViewId.view --value "/home.xhtml"
 $ portlet add-param --portlet helloportlet --name
javax.portlet.faces.defaultViewId.edit --value "/edit.xhtml"
 $ portlet add-param --portlet helloportlet --name
javax.portlet.faces.defaultViewId.help --value "/help.xhtml"

And the result is :
src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/portlet.xml
<portlet-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_2_0.xsd"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="2.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_2_0.xsd">
  <portlet>
    <portlet-name>helloportlet</portlet-name>
    <portlet-class>javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet</portlet-class>
    <supports>
      <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
      <portlet-mode>EDIT</portlet-mode>
      <portlet-mode>HELP</portlet-mode>
      <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
    </supports>
    <portlet-info>
      <title>My forge portlet</title>
      <short-title>ForgePortlet</short-title>
      <keywords>demo,forge,portlet</keywords>
    </portlet-info>
    <init-param>
      <name>javax.portlet.faces.defaultViewId.view</name>
      <value>/home.xhtml</value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <name>javax.portlet.faces.defaultViewId.edit</name>
      <value>/edit.xhtml</value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <name>javax.portlet.faces.defaultViewId.help</name>
      <value>/help.xhtml</value>
    </init-param>
  </portlet>
</portlet-app>