[forge-dev] Forge'in ahead with JBoss Tools

Thomas Frühbeck fruehbeck at aon.at
Tue Apr 3 18:38:02 EDT 2012

Hi Burr,
I absolutely like your presentations, they are fast, dense, full of
sound well established information - makes one eager to have a go with
whatever you talk about :-)
Your three presentations - putting JBoss Tools and Forge side by side -
made me think about why I jumped when I first saw Forge.
We all have seen CRUD webapp generators (remember Middlegen?), I havent
seen one yet, where I didnt reach the point of no return, when you have
to know _very_ much about the inner workings to realize a simple thing.
For me the question is not: can I do the same as with all those big
GUIs, they are there already.
The question is: where does it lead off?
   - modern: (dont just edit CDI, it _is_ CDI) incorporates well
established frameworks, w/o lock in
   - versatile: Testing, multi server, multi platform (Faces, aerogear..)
   - extensible (need a functionality? write a plugin using forge!)

Regards,
Thomas