[forge-dev] Forge'in ahead with JBoss Tools

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 23:33:34 EDT 2012

Nice job Burr. In addition to the technical content, what makes these
videos work well is that they have good sound quality. Lincoln and I were
just discussing the other day that the quality of the sound can really make
or break a video. So I appreciate that extra bit of attention.

-Dan

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 08:21, Burr Sutter <bsutter at redhat.com> wrote:

> In my recent video series I have two videos that describe Forge - and a
> Hibernate Tools interlude in-between, I wish to know if I have demo'd Forge
> well - did I highlight forge's best features?
>
> 4. Forge Introduction in JBoss Developer Studio 5
> http://www.screencast.com/t/olxrVyPy5
> http://vimeo.com/39608223
> Forge is JBoss's rapid application development tool.  A command line based
> tool that is embedded in JBoss Developer Studio 5.  Run a whole script of
> commands to render a complete application.
>
> 5. Hibernate Tools for DB Reverse Engineering
> http://www.screencast.com/t/x6lcG2BP8jn5
> http://vimeo.com/39608294
> Hibernate Tools have been part of JBoss Developer Studio for a long time -
> now they are integrated with Dali - and you can use Dali's JPA Generate
> Entities from Tables feature.   This video walks you through how to setup
> the Hibernate Configuration and the JBDC connection to allow for JPA entity
> generation.
> Sakila H2 Database:
> https://github.com/maxandersen/sakila-h2
>
> 6. Forge for DB Reverse Engineering with CRUD
> http://www.screencast.com/t/aSym9aul5
> http://vimeo.com/39608326
> Forge also has a Hibernate Tools plugin that allows it to analyze a
> database schema and produce JPA entity classes.  Then Forge can use its
> scaffolding feature to generate JSF2 Create, Read, Update and Delete (CRUD)
>  user interfaces.

Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597

http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen