[forge-dev] Forge website domain (DISCUSS)

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:53:20 EDT 2012

The plugin repository is a place where authors can, online, without
interacting with Git directly, add their plugin, a description, how to
install/get started, and basic usage of the plugin. It's a webapp that runs
on top of the repo git repository. It's searchable, and much like this:
http://grails.org/plugins/

~Lincoln

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Rodney Russ <rruss at redhat.com> wrote:

> > have
> > for
> > server
> > >
> > > -1 if we have limitations
> >
> > What does hosting plugin repo require ?
> >
> > I thought the repo was just a static file that would be regenerated
> > from time to time ?
>
> >From conversations with Lincoln, the repository would be more dynamic
> (e.g. web app) than static.  I'll let Lincoln list the details.  The other
> item we discussed was the URL's themselves as
>
> forge.jboss.org/plugins would be preferred over
> jboss.org/forge/plugins
>
> but that specifically is an aesthetic issue more than a technical one
>

> > Would a reverse proxy setup be sufficient ?
> >
> > i.e. jboss.org/forge/repo redirected to some openshift hosted setup ?
> >
> > I don't think jboss.org guys would reject that upfront if they get
> > asked.
> >
> > Depends of course of what IT etc. says and how the setup works - i.e.
> > I got such setup for jboss central feeds to feedburner and the only
> > challenge
> > been that they only allow proxy redirect to specific set of IP's but
> > that shouldn't
> > be a a big problem for this should it ?

> > cloud
> > the
> > >
> > > +1
> >
> > I got tools.jboss.org setup, but that just goes to jboss.org/tools and
> > just because
> > this was asked for long before they started using: issues.jboss.org,
> > community.jboss.org, source.jboss.org etc.
> >
> > forge.jboss.org falls a bit outside of this so not sure how that fits,
> > but worth asking jboss.org guys about.
> >
> > /max

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."