[forge-dev] Forge website domain (DISCUSS)

Paul Bakker paul.bakker.nl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 11:04:59 EDT 2012

Actually I wonder if it should be a goal to not work with git directly. Assuming that most plugin authors use github anyway, it makes sense to re-use that as much as possible. I think we should make the repo as easy to use for end-users, but they are not the same as plugin authors. For example, if the github repo already contains a README with a getting started guide, it would be bad if you would have to copy this to the plugin repo. Why not just use the README directly? If we decide that plugin authors just use git to register their plugin to the repo, we can built the UI for browsing/searching plugins in JavaScript and just host it as part of the website. This keeps everything simpler :-)

Paul