[forge-dev] JBoss and WebLogic

Luca Masini luca.masini.mailing.list at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 03:45:05 EDT 2012

Thank you for the updated, I tested it on JBoss AS 7.1.1 and WebLogic 12c
and it works great !!

I'll take time today to try to TomEE too, but I wanted to answer to you
before it's too late on your timezone :)

But I would like to discuss one implementation choice. In the ManagedBean
you inject the entityManager using the @PersistenceContext annotation.

We need to investigate if this is the same session of the Stateful EJB that
is backing the JSF page, otherwise we can have two session and so diffent
view of the same DB data.

In fact using an extended persistence context on the Stateful EJB has many
advantages but raise the bar on difficulty of such simple things.

What do you think ?? Now I'm doing some experiments to understand if that
ManagedBean who is Dependent has the same Conversation scope of the
Stateful and in case if Weld inject the same Hibernate Session.

Hope to hear your though soon.

Ciao.