[forge-dev] EPL header required?

Richard Fontana rfontana at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 17:27:51 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 05:01:54PM -0400, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
> Hey Richard, Max,
>
> Do you know what type of tasks we need to complete in order to be "correctly
> licensed" under the EPL?
>
> Such as:
>
>  1. Include LICENSE file in base of project and deliverable archives.

Yes.

>  2. Include license header in all source files

Good idea. I've never liked the IBM/Eclipse-style license notices
(probably what Max is using :) and recently recommended this to
Galder:

 Copyright 2012 Red Hat, Inc. and/or its affiliates.

 Licensed under the Eclipse Public License version 1.0, available at
 http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html

I'd say use something as simple as that.

 - Richard