[forge-dev] error in forge-shell-api

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 19:44:59 EDT 2012

George and others,

It sounds like the Forge build could use some validations to ensure the
person building the project has an environment that matches the minimum
requirements. Obviously, you want as few validations as possible (to make
it more portable) but you can work to eliminate them once you know what
they are.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin/

Also, newer versions of Maven are suppose to be able to differentiate
between origins of dependencies in the local repository, so we should
probably be looking closer at the cases when we tell users to clean it out.

Just some suggestions.

-Dan

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 8:58 AM, George Gastaldi <ggastald at redhat.com>wrote:

> Try upgrading your JDK 6 to the latest build
>
> Em 24/08/2012, às 09:43, JFlower <fiorenzino at gmail.com> escreveu:
>
> Hi,
>
> i have this error with mvn clean package
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.1:compile
> (default-compile) on project forge-shell-api: Compilation failure
> *[ERROR]
> /home/fiorenzo/git/core/shell-api/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/shell/util/ResourceUtil.java:[111,23]
> invalid inferred types for R; inferred type does not conform to declared
> bound(s)*
> *[ERROR] inferred: java.util.Collection<E>*
> *[ERROR] bound(s):
> java.util.Collection<org.jboss.forge.resources.Resource<?>>*
> *[ERROR] -> [Help 1]*
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
> -e switch.
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
> please read the following articles:
> [ERROR] [Help 1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException
> [ERROR]
> [ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the
> command
> [ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :forge-shell-api
>

> [ubuntu 12.04 - Apache Maven 3.0.4 - Java version: 1.6.0_24, vendor: Sun
> Microsystems Inc. Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-amd64/jre Default
> locale: it_IT, platform encoding: UTF-8 OS name: "linux", version:
> "3.2.0-29-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"]
>
> Any help on this?
>
> Fiorenzo

Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597