[forge-dev] Scaffolding and class loading

Luca Masini luca.masini at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 05:21:40 EST 2012

Hi guys, I'm facing a strange problem. Inside a facet which is a scaffold
provider I need to load a resource for MetaWidget. I can see printing this
from the method that needs the resource

this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("scaffold/errai/metawidget-formbean.xml")

that the file is available:

file:/Users/lucamasini/.forge/plugins/org/jboss/forge/forge-scaffold-errai/1.0.6-SNAPSHOT-e0a249f3-6fe7-4ea1-8fd9-680f8e422af4/forge-scaffold-errai.jar!/scaffold/errai/metawidget-formbean.xml

but inside the SimpleResourceResolver neither:

ClassLoader loaderContext = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();

or:

InputStream stream = getClass().getResourceAsStream( resource );

can find the resource because the "forge-scaffold-errai.jar" is not one of
the JAR used by the current classloader (which is a JBoss's
ModuleClassloader).

The current implementation of scaffolding for faces works because is inside
the forge itself, but I think we have some problems using it in an external
plugin.

Do you think I need to declare it in some kind of manifest ??

Thank you
L.

http://www.lucamasini.net
http://twitter.com/lmasini