[forge-dev] Forge 2.0 UI Design

George Gastaldi ggastald at redhat.com
Tue Dec 18 07:13:11 EST 2012

Hi Thomas,

We're trying to design the next Plugin API - as we call it in Forge 1. So we need a programming model that lets people declare interactions in a manner that is agnostic of the UI it will eventually be presented in.

One of our ideas is to have a visual UI representation for a plugin, so people could easily write Forge addons with the input being prompted as a Window running from an Eclipse plugin for example.

Besides that, I'd really love to hear your ideas about the scaffold. This is something we are really looking forward to improving.

Best Regards,

George Gastaldi