[forge-dev] automatic dependency detection too restrictive?

Thomas Frühbeck fruehbeck at aon.at
Tue Feb 14 17:01:59 EST 2012

Thank you for clarifying the issue, the build-repair-reload cycles have become tedious :-)
> AFAICT, depending on seam-render and adjusting seam-render module definition to export the MVEL classes should take care of this (
If I understood correctly the proposed solution would be to change forge/modules/org/jboss/seam/render/main/module.xml to

<module xmlns="urn:jboss:module:1.0" name="org.jboss.seam.render">
<resources>
<resource-root path="seam-render-1.0.0.Alpha6.jar"/>
</resources>

<dependencies>
<module name="javax.enterprise.api" />
<module name="org.jboss.forge" />
<module name="org.jboss.solder" />
<module name="org.mvel" export="true"/>
<module name="javax.api" />
</dependencies>
</module>

I did that and it works!

> if it's ever acceptable from a visibility perspective to depend on MVEL directly).
Honestly, this sounds as if the old days of classloading problems come back :-/
My two cents: if there is a clean solution keeping the classes hidden from the plugins it's OK.
But if it is difficult to do I would prefer to accept visibility of such libraries of common utility - we are talking of _plugins_, there should be some initimacy allowed, isn't it?

Regards,
Thomas