[forge-dev] Presentation for the JUGs
Ivan St. Ivanov
ivan.st.ivanov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 15:25:20 EST 2012
Now with Forge already final, it's time for us to advertise it to our local
JUGs. I would take the opportunity to talk about it in the Bulgarian JUG
(somewhere in April though :-(). Here is what I plan to show:
1) General rant about Forge: what it is good for and how it differs from
maven archetypes and Spring Roo (no religious stuff, I'm a Spring fan BTW)
2) Developing a Java EE application with scaffolding: here I would show
something more complex than the conference sample app that Lincoln already
presented on the Java2Days conference in Sofia last year. Here I would like
to talk about some of the not so common features of the metawidget
plugin. Any ideas? Of course also some Arquillian and OpenShift.
3) After a short break I would continue with a different type of
application that you could implement with Forge. Looking at the plugins,
maybe it could be the OSGi stuff.
4) Next: developing a plugin. Create a sample plugin, explanation of the
different settings: command, options, usage of the shell prompt, the
environment, the configuration API, etc.
5) Finally: the get involved section
What do you think? Should I add something else or drop anything?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the forge-dev