[forge-dev] LGPL to EPL

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:52:06 EDT 2012

Ok, it seems we've collected approvals from everyone we needed :) so we are
100% OK to switch Forge to the EPL:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eclipse_Public_License

We will be beginning this transition soon, at which point we will see some
very large commits :) when this occurs, if you are working on the Forge
core runtime, you will need to update your Formatter profile to use the new
license. If you are working on separate plugins, you don't need to change
anything, since plugins can be licensed whatever under you wish and even
closed-sourced (this is the primary reason for the change.)

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."