[forge-dev] What to do about our little Windows joke...?

Marius Bogoevici mariusb at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 16:41:24 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----

I didn't discuss Windows jokes in particular, I was making a deadpan reference
to the Victorian-like morals of professionalism vs. humour, answering Paul
(who was answering me in turn).

Now that you bring it up, someone may feel it's not our business to
criticize their environment, as horrible as it is (everyone likes funny
as long as they're not the target). In that light, if we go with the jokes, we may want to
add a self-deprecating note and that may be fine too (right now it really sounds like
we're mocking them, which is a kind of humour not everyone will partake in).

But, generally speaking, we may want to reflect whether we want to potentially filter
our audience by exercising our sense of humour on them, or do other things
like making this feature (which I am sure a lot of users will enjoy) optional.

... or another option is to just add 'Wink,wink! Nudge,nudge!' after the message. That would have
my full approval.