[forge-dev] Error when trying to test a forge plugin in a running forge instance

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:08:57 EDT 2012

Hey Jevgeni,

I'm not sure how you have your plugin project set up (I can't find your
repository, could you move it to here? https://github.com/forge/plugin-undo),
but you can't use "org.jboss.forge" as a package name.

You should use something like, "org.jboss.undo.forge" (I think that should
work.) We can work out a better package name later, but for right now, it
doesn't really matter.

That might resolve your problem :) Let me know!
~Lincoln

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Jevgeni Zelenkov <
jevgeni.zelenkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I am trying to test the undo plugin on a working forge instance but I
> am getting a strange error.
>
> As described here:
>
> https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/FORGE/Make+your+Plugin+available+to+Forge
> I have added the undo-plugin using 'forge source-plugin' command. It
> was added successfully, I can even see undo-plugin commands when I
> call 'list-commands'.
>
> But when I execute 'undo setup' command (should simply install the
> plugin), I get the following exception:
>
> The requested Facet of type [org.jboss.forge.undo.UndoFacet] could not
> be loaded.
>
> UndoFacet class is located in the same package as the UndoPlugin class
> (org.jboss.forge.undo). I also tried moving both classes into
> "org.jboss.forge" but that didn't help either.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas what could it be?
>
> Best Regards,
> Jevgeni

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."