[forge-dev] SOLVED: installing plugins on Windows

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 12:19:23 EST 2012

Hey Richard,

I think this is a good approach. Let's do it!

As a side note, if you are good with windows shell scripting (you have to
be better than I,) do you think you might also be able to try this one?
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-305

All we need is a simply test. If NOT Java Version >= 6, Exit with error.

If that's tricky, no worries!

~Lincoln

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Richard Kennard <
richard at kennardconsulting.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have identified the problem with installing plugins of Windows and
> looking for .forge in the wrong location. It seems it has nothing to do
> with any Java
> code. Rather, the file bin/forge.bat contains...
>
>     if "%HOME%" == "" (set "HOME=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%")
>     -modulepath %HOME%\.forge\plugins
>
> So it is using the variable %HOME% *if it is not already set*. However,
> there is a small, fringe project (I don't think it'll ever catch on :)
> called 'Git'
> which asks you to set an environment variable called HOME too. If I change
> all references to %HOME% to, say, %USERHOME%...
>
>     if "%USERHOME%" == "" (set "USERHOME=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%")
>     -modulepath %USERHOME%\.forge\plugins
>
> Then it works. I haven't pushed any changes in case you disagree with this
> approach?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard.

http://ocpsoft.com