[forge-dev] SOLVED: installing plugins on Windows

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 08:20:58 EST 2012

Richard, You are the man :) I cherry-picked your patch (though you might
want to re-clone from master, and force push to your repository, because it
seems your repo is out of sync. Or, you can type:

    git reset HEAD^1 --hard

about 5 times, then

    git pull upstream master

And see if that makes a difference

(you can go back more than 5 times (as many as you need) if needed, but
just guessing.) At some point re-cloning becomes easier because you don't
have to keep typing ;)

~Lincoln

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 2:55 AM, Richard Kennard <
richard at kennardconsulting.com> wrote:

>  > do you think you might also be able to try this one?
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-305
>
> I had a muddle. Pull request issued.
>
> On 2/03/2012 4:19 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
> > Hey Richard,
> >
> > I think this is a good approach. Let's do it!
> >
> > As a side note, if you are good with windows shell scripting (you have
> to be better than I,) do you think you might also be able to try this one?
> > https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-305
> >
> > All we need is a simply test. If NOT Java Version >= 6, Exit with error.
> >
> > If that's tricky, no worries!
> >
> > ~Lincoln
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Richard Kennard <
> richard at kennardconsulting.com <mailto:richard at kennardconsulting.com>>
> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi guys,
> >
> >     I have identified the problem with installing plugins of Windows and
> looking for .forge in the wrong location. It seems it has nothing to do
> with any
> >     Java
> >     code. Rather, the file bin/forge.bat contains...
> >
> >         if "%HOME%" == "" (set "HOME=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%")
> >         -modulepath %HOME%\.forge\plugins
> >
> >     So it is using the variable %HOME% *if it is not already set*.
> However, there is a small, fringe project (I don't think it'll ever catch
> on :) called
> >     'Git'
> >     which asks you to set an environment variable called HOME too. If I
> change all references to %HOME% to, say, %USERHOME%...
> >
> >         if "%USERHOME%" == "" (set "USERHOME=%HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH%")
> >         -modulepath %USERHOME%\.forge\plugins
> >
> >     Then it works. I haven't pushed any changes in case you disagree
> with this approach?
> >
> >     Regards,
> >
> >     Richard.

> > --