[forge-dev] GSoC students are going to love Forge, don't miss it!

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Mar 8 04:40:28 EST 2012

Thanks Dan,

I've just added the idea of a forge plugin to generate RHQ [1] plugins to the GSOC ideas page under the RHQ project.

RHQ already has a "homegrown" plugin generator [2], but this is not as nice as Forge and also could be enhanced to
"interact" with the application code; the Forge plugin could offer to add code points where some application specific
metrics are exported and then the RHQ plugin generated by Forge would already have all the hooks to pick up those
metrics.

     Heiko

[1] http://rhq-project.org/
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Q5qHsBb8I&feature=related

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Technopark II, Haus C,
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14, D-85630 Grasbrunn