[forge-dev] plugin versioning

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 09:39:24 EDT 2012

Hey Ivan,

I agree with your summary.

I think that we should update Forge's version resolution during
installation to be a little more lenient (I believe Paul has volunteered
for this?)

 But it does make sense to notify authors of a new release. Actually, we
already have a great solution for keeping track of who needs to be
notified! The central plugin repository itself has the information we need!
(Or it should, in order to be listed, contain a valid email address of the
plugin author.)

What do you think?
~Lincoln

http://ocpsoft.com