[forge-dev] JavaClassTest.testFormattingIsNotChanged fails on Windows

Ivan St. Ivanov ivan.st.ivanov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:20:52 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

I was going to create a JIRA issue for this, but I didn't find where to
click (probably I don't have permissions). Anyway... When I run the unit
tests on Windows, I keep getting an error
at JavaClassTest.testFormattingIsNotChanged. The issue is at this assertion:

      assertTrue(output.contains(
               "Telephone" + System.getProperty("line.separator") +
                        "{"
               ));

On windows the line.separator system property resolves to \r\n. However,
the output variable contains actually Telephone\n{. Which means that a \r
is missing.

I hoped I can resolve this by myself. However, the output variable is
initialized by the JavaClass's toString() method. Which is actually
implemented in the AbstractJavaSource class. And there it uses the Document
and TextEdit classes that come from org.eclipse.jface.text
and org.eclipse.text.edits packages respectively. Which is outside Forge.

Does anybody have an idea how can we solve this? Of course we can change
the test. But I'm afraid that the Forge-generated entities look really ugly
on my machine. And I'm afraid that the reason is in this Eclipse library.

Cheers,
Ivan

P.S. Just for the record, I'm running a 64-bit Windows 7.