[forge-dev] Running/Building on Windows

Koen Aers koen.aers at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:35:24 EDT 2012

Some of you probably think: 'Here we go again' ;-)

While working on FORGE-489 I had to extensively test on Windows as I had to modify the startup scripts. I tested on Windows XP and Windows 7 and found that, while Forge builds fine if the tests are skipped, doing 'mvn clean install' fails while running the tests for the Parser/Java module in both cases. Is this a known issue that I somehow missed?

I also encountered some glitches while running on both those platforms. I found that tab completion not always seems to work and that commands sometimes are echoed. Anyone has the same experiences?

Unless somebody tells me that I've overlooked something, I will file the JIRA's with some more details tomorrow...

Cheers,
Koen