[forge-dev] Issues with new getObjectId() support

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 15:19:09 EDT 2012

Hmm, ok.

I tried to get to the root cause of this issue, but since I am not familiar
with Metawidget, I hit a road block around line 265 of FacesScaffold.java (
JavaClass viewBean = JavaParser.parse(JavaClass.class,
this.backingBeanTemplate.render(context)); ) The template simply takes
Metawidget's contents and inserts it, I'm not sure how to continue.

Thomas or Richard, any chance you could take a look at this project (the
result of running the new scaffold on a reverse engineered database.) and
see what we can do to resolve this compliation issue?

It's specifically caused because the generated entities are using primitive
types (short, long) instead of object types for their ID fields, so I guess
we need to support both.

Thoughts? How easy is this to fix?

~Lincoln

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Koen Aers <koen.aers at gmail.com> wrote:

> In attachment the project that was generated from the sakila database (
> https://github.com/maxandersen/sakila-h2) using the hibernate tools
> plugin and scaffolding. It contains a number of problems related to
> primitive types and their object counterparts.

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."