[forge-dev] Tests on Windows

Koen Aers koen.aers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 03:39:17 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I have spent quite some time trying to get the test suite to run on Windows. A very annoying problem is the \r\n sequence to end the lines. However, there is something else…

After applying the fixes that gastaldi and myself created the tests ran on my Windows 7 box. There was still a problem with the following test on Windows XP:
org.jboss.forge.maven.facets.MavenDependencyFacetTest->testHasDependencyBehavior

It turned out that the expected dependency on cdi is not found. I was puzzled why this worked on Windows 7 and not on Windows XP, so I deleted the local Maven repo and behold… it also failed (again) on Windows 7. Don't know if we need to be glad or sad about this though but it seems to be a missing Maven dependency in the repo. Also with a debugger attached I can see a ClassNotFoundException somewhere deep in the callstack (I cannot see exactly where because of the Weld proxies) for the class org.apache.maven.model.building.FileModelSource.

Does anybody have any idea or suggestions about this?

Cheers,
Koen