[forge-dev] GitHub: question on synchronization with master repository

George Gastaldi gegastaldi at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:07:01 EDT 2012

Right, I have 3 statements on this:

1) I prefer adding the "origin" as my forked repo and "upstream" in forge/core.
2) I name every branch as "feature/FORGE-XXX", where FORGE-XXX stands
for the JIRA worked on it.
3) Always use rebase instead of merge. It will do exactly what you
want and won´t mess with your branch.
Eg: if you are working on branch "feature/FORGE-550" and you want this
branch to have the latest changes from your master, just run:

git rebase master feature/FORGE-550

And at last but not least, I always pull from upstream and push to
origin. NEVER push directly into upstream (that´s why pull-requests
are for :) ) !

I think that´s all.

Regards,

George Gastaldi