[forge-dev] FSH and testing for installation of a plugin

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Wed May 9 07:39:46 EDT 2012

Hmm... you want to make sure that a plugin is installed in a FSH script.
Good question...

Do you need the plugin to be available, or just installed (and possible not
available in the current context.) In reality, you probably really want to
check for the availability of the command, yes?

I know that the shell throws errors on failure, but I'm not sure there's
really a good way to test for that in a FSH script without using a
try-catch block somehow. (Try catch would probably work, though I'm not
exactly sure what the syntax would look like (it depends on your script to
some extent.))

~Lincoln

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Jason Porter <lightguard.jp at gmail.com>wrote:

> Any idea how this could be done? I could do a forge list-plugins --all and
> iterate over that list (I think), but there should be a better way. Any
> suggestions?
>
> --
> Jason Porter
> http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com
> http://twitter.com/lightguardjp
>
> Software Engineer
> Open Source Advocate
> Author of Seam Catch - Next Generation Java Exception Handling
>
> PGP key id: 926CCFF5
> PGP key available at: keyserver.net, pgp.mit.edu

http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."