[forge-dev] FORGE-568 "Allow running/debugging Forge in eclipse" opinion quest

Thomas Frühbeck fruehbeck at aon.at
Thu May 24 10:19:01 EDT 2012

Hi,
browsing the issues of Forge I found this one:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-568

It would be most easily done by a small change of /core/dist/pom.xml in
the "runForge" profile.
To make the setup easier it is necessary to make eclipse think it's a
java project, AFAIK by adding the JavaNature in project.xml.
Even more simplified would be a locally stored eclipse run configuration
file, making the setup a "one-line-howto" :-)

My question is: is it acceptable to commit IDE specific files in the
core/dist/ directory?

Files namely:
     /dist/.project.xml
     /dist/runForge.launch